Granicoat is a revolutionary solid surface material, factory applied by a fabricator, using conventional spray equipment.
It can be purchased in a one-component system with a shelf life of up to 6 months. It can also be purchased as a two-part system (standard formula ONLY and for domestic customers) for a longer shelf life. Granicoat can be sprayed both in-mold and post-mold to make products, including:
- Kitchen countertops
- Vanities, sinks
- Shower pans
- Shower and bath enclosures
- Wall panels
- Table tops
- Architectural moldings
- In-ground fiberglass swimming pools and spas
Available in unlimited designs and colors, Granicoat has the same characteristics and properties of the traditional solid surface sheets, but at approximately 2/3 the cost of leading solid surface sheets on the market.
Granicoat is available in various grades depending on the application:
- Ultra Granicoat is a modified Granicoat product, which gives extra UV protection to the finished products. It is ideal for exterior applications where the product will be exposed to ultra violet light such as outdoor bars and table tops and in a more limited color selection, Ultra Granicoat Pool Formula can be used in replacement for the solid gel coat for making in-ground fiberglass pools.
- FR Granicoat is a modified Granicoat coating that once fully cured, will pass "Class A" fire rating when used with Class A fire retardant substrates and/or matrixes. It is available in most of our standard Granicoat colors. U.S. Patent Number 8,128,999.
- Flex Granicoat is a modified Granicoat product that is more flexible and less susceptible to breakage and/or cracking when it is de-molded from a complicated shaped mold. It is available in all of our standard Granicoat colors.
U.S. Patent Noumber 7,442,726 - Various International Patents